Category Archives: Technology
علم نفسك بنفسك
“مجموعة رائعة من المواقع العالمية مفتوحة ومجانية للتعليم عبر الانترنت.. لو عجبتك انشرها لغيرك..”
Become a Google Student Ambassador at your university
Google is committed to supporting the education of future leaders and innovators in technology and business all over the world. As part of Google’s efforts to empower students in the Middle East and North Africa – and help them make the best of Google’s technologies and prepare for their future careers – we are glad to announce that the application process is now open for the Google Student Ambassador Program for the 2013-2014 academic year!
The Google Student Ambassador program is an opportunity for active students to enhance their professional development and soft skills, to meet and collaborate with some of the most interesting people in the region, and to have fun introducing Google products to their fellow students through holding events on campus.
Google Student Ambassador applicants should be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree — all majors are welcome to apply! They should also be passionate about Google technologies and actively involved in their school communities.
هذا الفيديو يستعرض ومضات صغيرة من التدريب الذي تلقاه السفراء في القاهرة في صيف ٢٠١١. أسبوع من المرح الممزوج بالتعلم عن منتجات وتقنيات وأدوات Google إلى جانب نصائح وتدريبات عن كيف تصبح محاضراً فاتناً ومديراً فعالاً للوقت والميزانية بالإضافة إلى محاكاة حية لتنظيم الأحداث في الجامعة وأنشطة العمل الجماعي والمسابقات.. وما خفي كان أمتع!
تقدم الآن واظهر مواهبك – ابن نفسك لتبني من حولك: bit.ly/menaGSA2012
Puppies? Space travel? Chocolate cake? For anything you love, get even more into it by searching numerous Google products from one place. What do you love? http://www.wdyl.com
TIEC believes that youth are powerful agents of change, actively working together to find solutions to present-day problems in order to create a better future. Their talents and abilities must be nurtured and reinforced as they become mature and influential adult leaders who will build new opportunities for new generations
The TIEC Ambassadors Program (TAP), sponsored by the Technology Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center, gives Egyptian university students the opportunity to experience entrepreneurship first-hand and to broaden their understanding of technology innovation. Through workshops, seminars and conferences in various parts of Egypt, the program is designed to help prepare these participants in youth leadership development, innovation management and entrepreneurial skills, and it promotes mutual understanding between the ICT cluster and university students.
Through the TIEC Ambassadors Program, 2 students will be chosen from eachEgyptian University (public and private) to represent their university at TIEC and to promote TIEC initiatives in their ICT collages. The chosen students will form a league of ambassadors that meet monthly at a different university premises every time to share knowledge and experiences. The League will also participate in an annual conference, related to the theme of ‘innovation’ and “entrepreneurship”. The program will provide opportunities for participants to interact with the ICT community and with mentors.
- Recruitment, selection and orientation of the participants.
- Hosting the participants from outside Cairo while they engage in one to one mentorship interaction, and activities geared to expose participants to the innovation & entrepreneurship culture of the ICT cluster.
- Being part of the ICT cluster network.
- TIEC will sponsor your events at your collage.
- Free training in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Invitation to TIEC workshops and seminars.
The program is open to Egyptian University Students in the second or third year in a collage of ICT discipline, part of the student union and have demonstrated leadership qualities and are interested in promoting TIEC programs at their local communities, and have some knowledge of English.
- MENA Google Student Ambassador 2012 – 2013 (josephguirguis.wordpress.com)
لـ TIEC في جامعتك!
The TIEC Ambassador Program (TAP)
هل أنت متحمس بشأن التكنولوجيا الجديدة؟
هل تريد إتاحة فُرص جديدة لجامعتك وزملائك؟
هل يرى أصدقاؤك أنك قائد بالفطرة؟
إذا كان الأمر كذلك، فإن برنامج سفير TIEC للطلبة هو برنامج مثالي لك!
برنامج سفير TIEC للطلبة هو فرصة للطلبة للعمل كنقطة اتصال بين TIEC وجامعتاهم هؤلاء السفراء سيساعدون المركز فى الأتي:-
• تخطيط واستضافة المؤتمرات داخل الجامعة.
• العمل كنقطة اتصال بين TIEC والجامعة.
• العمل على نشر المسابقات ، وفرص التدريب والمنح الدراسية وغيرها من الأحداث التى يقوم بها المركز.
• بناء علاقات مع أعضاء هيئة التدريس في الجامعة والطلبة.
• مساعدة TIEC على تحقيق فهم أفضل لثقافة الجامعة.
• نشر ثقافة الابتكار وريادة الاعمال بالكليات
سفراء TIEC سوف يكون لهم الفرصة لرفع وتطوير مستواهم المهني ، واكتساب مهارات القيادة والاتصال.
السفراء يجب أن يكونوا على إطلاع بالتقنيات الحديثة، ومشاركون فى اتحاد الطلبة، وفى السنة الثانية أو الثالث من تخصصات الهندسة أو الحاسبات والمعلومات.
مدة العمل كسفير TIEC في جامعتك تكون لمدة عام دراسي واحد،
Google Student Ambassador Program 2012-2013
Are you thrilled by new technology? Do you love Google products? Do you want to bring new opportunities to your university and your peers? Do your friends say you’re a natural leader? If so, the Google Student Ambassador Program may be perfect for you!
One last extention of the deadline due to the period of exams! 😀
New deadline: June 30, 2012 (midnight GMT)
What is the Google Student Ambassador Program?
Through the Google Student Ambassador Program, you become a liaison between Google and your university. Ambassadors plan and host several events during the school year, introduce students to new Google products and features and act as a campus contact for Google teams.
Google Student Ambassadors may
- Work closely with local Google teams
- Host and organize events to bring awareness about Google’s products and brand
- Spread the word about competitions, training opportunities, scholarships and other events
- Attend Google events as a Google representative
- Help Google to better understand your campus’ culture
- Build relationships on campus with faculty and student groups
- Test products and features
- Promote product use and new product launches to students
- Be a source of knowledge for your university about Google products
- Spread Google goodwill to your fellow students
Who can be a Google Student Ambassador?
This opportunity is currently by invitation only and is open to students at university. Google MENA Student Ambassadors must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university in the Middle East or North Africa, preferably in the 2nd or 3rd year
- Pursuing a BA/BS or MS degree
- Passionate about technology
- Able to plan events and manage a budget
- Actively involved in student life on campus
What is the time commitment?
- One academic school year
- 2 hours a week
- Minimum 4 events per year
What’s in it for me?
As a Google Student Ambassador, you will:
- Receive regular updates about exciting new Google products / features, programs and announcements
- Enhance your professional development, leadership, technical and communication skills
- Be eligible to participate in special Google events, product trainings and be considered for local internships
- Exchange best practices with Ambassadors from other schools and disciplines
- Add the Google Student Ambassador Program experience to your resume
- Get your own Google SWAG
Sounds great, how do I apply?
To apply, you should:
- Write an Essay on one of these topics:
Engineering students “Is there a way for the social web to be more than just social?”
Non-engineerng students “Creative FOPs (forms of payment) and social support”
- Write a motivation letter on why you want to be an Ambassador, what you can change in your Country through learning new technical skills and how using Google tools could help your university.
- Provide a short statement from your Professor or Head of Department confirming your name, level and area of study.
- Fill out the registrationform by Friday, June 15. Accepted students will be informed by beginning of July 2012.
If you are a professor / lecturer / TA, please help spreading the word on campus and help your students identify the potential of becoming a Google student ambassador for the university – feel free to ask for posters and fliers to be placed on your campus.
Questions to the application form:
– Many of you have asked about the meaning of “the studies at my university will start on”: This means whne will the new academic year 2012/2013 start at your university? Please provide a date.
– Many of you asked about the proof of enrollment:
Any letter stamped and signed by your student affairs department stating that will still be a student in 2012/2013 will do.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your MENA Google Student Ambassador Program Team
The YouTube Space Lab
Amr from Alexandria, Egypt
Global Winner, 17-18-year-old age group
Congratulations Amr Mohamed
مبروك لعمرو محمد
العاشرة مساءاً || حوار مع عمرو محمد المصري المتأهل للتصفيات النهائية فى مسابقة يوتيوب الفضائية
The Orange Labs Competition is a contest initiated by Orange Labs in Egypt to support students, innovators, developers, engineers and entrepreneurs to create innovative ICT prototypes targeting urban populations and slums to improve their lives.
Prototypes could be mobile or web based. Hardware solutions are also possible as far as the solution at the end will be using the mobile network. Mobile solutions are not limited to simple downloadable applications but could be an application that interacts with the operator (Ex: SMS, IVR, USSD applications).
Ideas could be in the domain of:
- Mobile terminals / OS
- Infrastructure network
A filtration process will take place for all participants and the 25 short listed participants will compete for the final and will be offered training on Orange Emrginov Platform to use it (if they wish) in implementing their ideas and delivering a working prototype.
– The Contest Categories
The contest categories are open for applications serving and finding solutions for the challenges facing the urban poor populations or Egyptian slums.
– Who Can Apply?
- Professional Developers and programmers.
- Engineers and Researchers.
* For fairness reasons, companies will not be able to apply, but rather only individuals. Teams are allowed.
– Intellectual Property Rights
- Judges will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Contestants fully own the intellectual property rights of their solutions/prototypes.
For more info visit the competition website: http://challenge.orangelabs.info/