هذا الفيديو يستعرض ومضات صغيرة من التدريب الذي تلقاه السفراء في القاهرة في صيف ٢٠١١. أسبوع من المرح الممزوج بالتعلم عن منتجات وتقنيات وأدوات Google إلى جانب نصائح وتدريبات عن كيف تصبح محاضراً فاتناً ومديراً فعالاً للوقت والميزانية بالإضافة إلى محاكاة حية لتنظيم الأحداث في الجامعة وأنشطة العمل الجماعي والمسابقات.. وما خفي كان أمتع!
تقدم الآن واظهر مواهبك – ابن نفسك لتبني من حولك: bit.ly/menaGSA2012
Google Student Ambassador Program 2012-2013
Are you thrilled by new technology? Do you love Google products? Do you want to bring new opportunities to your university and your peers? Do your friends say you’re a natural leader? If so, the Google Student Ambassador Program may be perfect for you!
One last extention of the deadline due to the period of exams! 😀
New deadline: June 30, 2012 (midnight GMT)
What is the Google Student Ambassador Program?
Through the Google Student Ambassador Program, you become a liaison between Google and your university. Ambassadors plan and host several events during the school year, introduce students to new Google products and features and act as a campus contact for Google teams.
Google Student Ambassadors may
- Work closely with local Google teams
- Host and organize events to bring awareness about Google’s products and brand
- Spread the word about competitions, training opportunities, scholarships and other events
- Attend Google events as a Google representative
- Help Google to better understand your campus’ culture
- Build relationships on campus with faculty and student groups
- Test products and features
- Promote product use and new product launches to students
- Be a source of knowledge for your university about Google products
- Spread Google goodwill to your fellow students
Who can be a Google Student Ambassador?
This opportunity is currently by invitation only and is open to students at university. Google MENA Student Ambassadors must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university in the Middle East or North Africa, preferably in the 2nd or 3rd year
- Pursuing a BA/BS or MS degree
- Passionate about technology
- Able to plan events and manage a budget
- Actively involved in student life on campus
What is the time commitment?
- One academic school year
- 2 hours a week
- Minimum 4 events per year
What’s in it for me?
As a Google Student Ambassador, you will:
- Receive regular updates about exciting new Google products / features, programs and announcements
- Enhance your professional development, leadership, technical and communication skills
- Be eligible to participate in special Google events, product trainings and be considered for local internships
- Exchange best practices with Ambassadors from other schools and disciplines
- Add the Google Student Ambassador Program experience to your resume
- Get your own Google SWAG
Sounds great, how do I apply?
To apply, you should:
- Write an Essay on one of these topics:
Engineering students “Is there a way for the social web to be more than just social?”
Non-engineerng students “Creative FOPs (forms of payment) and social support”
- Write a motivation letter on why you want to be an Ambassador, what you can change in your Country through learning new technical skills and how using Google tools could help your university.
- Provide a short statement from your Professor or Head of Department confirming your name, level and area of study.
- Fill out the registrationform by Friday, June 15. Accepted students will be informed by beginning of July 2012.
If you are a professor / lecturer / TA, please help spreading the word on campus and help your students identify the potential of becoming a Google student ambassador for the university – feel free to ask for posters and fliers to be placed on your campus.
Questions to the application form:
– Many of you have asked about the meaning of “the studies at my university will start on”: This means whne will the new academic year 2012/2013 start at your university? Please provide a date.
– Many of you asked about the proof of enrollment:
Any letter stamped and signed by your student affairs department stating that will still be a student in 2012/2013 will do.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your MENA Google Student Ambassador Program Team