Lynda – Joomla 1.6 Essential Training
Author: Jen Kramer
English | aac, 48000 Hz, mono | h264, yuv420p, 960×540 | 958.07 MB
In Joomla! 1.6 Essential Training, Jen Kramer uses Joomla! 1.6 to build a web site from scratch, from installation to launch. The course covers 1.6 new features, demonstrates how to create and organize content, and add menus, sidebars, and other interface features. It also explains how to change the site look and feel with Joomla! templates, install plug-ins and extensions, assign specific users to create and edit content, and much more.
* Understanding the role of a content management system (CMS)
* Building a CMS-driven web site versus a HTML/Dreamweaver web site
* Completing a Joomla! installation
* Organizing content within Joomla!
* Creating categories, articles, and menus
* Identifying good quality third-party extensions and templates
* Downloading and installing Joomla! plug-ins
* Managing users and permissions
* Changing the look of the site with templates
* Moving a site from a local computer to a web hosting provider